SAGWA is committed to helping children and their families have a positive and rewarding music education following the ideas of Dr. Suzuki and The Suzuki Method.
$40 for a one-year Family Membership or
$500 for a life-time Family Membership*
Memberships run from January 1 to December 31. Families who register or who have renewed their SAGWA membership anytime from September 1 until December 31 will be “grandfathered in” to the next year.
*If you are currently an annual member, you can upgrade to a life-time member by logging in and visiting your profile.
- Member participation in events: SAGWA sponsored events include all Institutes (strings, piano, flute), Festival (violins, violas, guitar, cello), Piano workshops, Piano area-wide concerts, Annual Graduation Concert with award for completing each book, Flute workshops, Shenandoah Biennial residential 3-day weekend (all instruments) and more….
- Discount tickets in the DC area to music events as available. Many of these have already been featured in the e-newsletters all families in our current database have received. This can include WPAS, Kennedy Center, local orchestras, Washington Bach Consort and more…
- Discounts and early-entry registration for SAGWA events for members if applicable. For designated events, members are able register during a special member-only early-entry registration period to help ensure a placement, before registration is open to non-members.
- Partially tax-deductible. $9.00 goes to the SAGWA scholarship fund from the membership fee.
- Discounts at online or other stores, and any discounts offered through sponsors of SAGWA.
- Voting privileges for Board elections.
- Ability to be on a Board or be a committee member, such as a member of a specific committee for an event, or for an instrument division.
- Free and unlimited participation in instrument and concert dress exchange (buy, sell, exchange). Instrument and concert dress exchange items for listing require a photo of the front and back of the item, with a listing of any good points and/or blemishes, the size, any inclusions etc. SAGWA is not responsible in any way for the veracity or quality of any of the items listed. SAGWA provides this listing ability as a service to members. Members are responsible for sending/receiving/obtaining the item and payment for the item themselves directly. Send all information/photos/contact details to be posted online to firstname.lastname@example.org for editing and placement on the website and possible inclusion in the newsletter.
- Content for the website and newsletters: Members can provide content for the website and newsletter including but not limited to teacher profiles, studio events, upcoming events, write-ups of past events, photos, studio concerts, student-friendly inclusions such as coloring/pictures/stories etc. Members can provide items on student achievement (competitions, awards, youth orchestra concerts, etc) to be included in website and newsletter and updated with each new newsletter send out. All submissions are subject to approval and all should be family-oriented. SAGWA reserves the right, without liability, to reject, omit, or exclude any submission for any reason at any time with or without notice, and whether or not such submission was previously acknowledged, accepted, or published.
- Competitions: Members can participate in, or propose to the Board for consideration, any SAGWA competitions for logo design, essay writing, coloring, poetry, music composition, 100 days of practice and more….
- Feedback/Ideas: Constructive feedback and ideas are always welcome.
- Questionnaire participation: There may be from time to time a request for voluntary participation in questionnaires and constructive feedback following SAGWA events. These will be sent out by email to members who have not opted out of this service. Responses will be anonymous if so desired, and opt-out is by choice.